We are pleased to host two days of Gear Up 1040 Live Webinars
Mondays, December 7 & 14, 2020
The seminars begin at 9am and end at 5pm.
MAPA membership ($80 for active members) saves $80 on this two-day seminar and will provide savings on MAPA seminars through June 2021. Applications are available by clicking on the link below.
Gear Up 1040 2020
Speakers to be announced
16 hours CPE (CPA & IRS CE)
This comprehensive course covers key tax issues for completing complicated individual returns, including in-depth coverage of recent legislation, case law developments, and relevant notices, announcements, revenue rulings and procedures to help the busy practitioner stay current. Speakers are all practicing preparers who share practical tips to help you get ready for this tax season.
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act’s (FFCRA) refundable payroll tax credit for employers (and the self-employed credit equivalents).
- The CARES Act allows taxpayers to defer certain self-employment tax payments to 2021 and 2022.
- Notice 2020-32 and PPP loans – good-bye deductions (?)
- The ever-evolving PPP (Paycheck Protection Program) loan forgiveness guidance.
- Good-bye (well, for now) IRC Sec. 461(l) excess business losses.
- CARES Act changes to NOLs – calculation, carryforwards, and carrybacks.
- Impact of 2020 economic stimulus legislation on household employees (and employers).
- 2020 guidance for HSAs and high-deductible health plans in the age of COVID-19.
- New 2020 proposed regulations on entertainment and meal expenses – a different landscape for employers.
- Non-employee compensation and new 2020 Form 1099-NEC
- 2020 final regulations for the IRC Sec. 199A QBID
- Updated marijuana industry (and Form 8300) guidance
- Self-employment tax developments affecting partners (and LLC members).
- 2020 proposed regulations clarify definition of real property for like-kind Exchanges.
- Late filing and payment penalty relief under Notices 2020-17 and 2020-18
- SECURE Act changed many aspects of retirement decisions and planning with the elimination of several long-used tools such as the stretch-out distribution rules. A comprehensive update of retirement post SECURE Act changes.
- The Tax Extender and Disaster Relief Act passed late in 2019 contain more than the name implies. What was the act about and how will it affect your client?
- Helpful planning tips and tools to assist clients with Medicare and Social Security decisions by planning before the ages of 62-67.
- Qualified Opportunity Zones, final regulations and how is the QOZ election made on the tax return.
Maine Association of Professional Accountants
SAVE THE DATES: MAPA Seminars and Annual Meeting
June 7 & 8, 2021
Nonantum Resort, Kennebunkport, Maine
(we hope to be able to host the event live)
Visit our facebook page for updated information: www.facebook.com/ourmapa